16 July 2007

Summer . . . or is it?

Well, this "summer" isn't it? I don't know if it is. So far, I have had four days of a "summer vacation" in which time I have cleaned out closets and drawers, had a yard sale and picked up some things for the summer birthdays. Sounds like fun doesn't it? Yeah, it isn't.

I am looking forward to some things though. Soon, the new school year will start. There is something about a new school year that gives me a fresh start feeling that is stronger than the one I feel at the New Year. I love seeing the kids in my classes again. I miss them a lot. This year, however, it will be bittersweet.

Sarah will be entering the first grade. My baby is no longer in the baby classes. It hurts. Her first tooth is beginning to wiggle and she will be six at the end of the month. Where did the time go? When did my baby get big?

Joseph will be going into the third grade. He is in the middle now. It seems so strange to me that both of my babies are in the elementary school. When did my little boy grow up?

Time flies!

No comments: