14 April 2007

Just a part of it

Well, yesterday I started this blog and I wrote out my story of the hospital visits. However, no one could read it. I followed all the instructions on the set up of my blog and tried to make it as secure as possible for myself and for those who read it. Yet, all of my good intentions were in vain.

It seems to me that this happens a lot in my life. I have good intentions and follow all of the rules in a thing and it is to no avail. My message is lost because those it was intended for cannot access it.

My students (9th - 12th graders) hear me tell them often of how they must consider the decisions they make today because they can either open and close doors to them in the future. I realize this is not an easy subject for a person, especially one with a lack of life experience, to grasp, but I say it nonetheless. I say it so that it might plant a seed. I say it so that they will have a reference when they are faced with a decision and maybe, just maybe, they will consider it before they make the decision.

For now, at least, it seems that people can access this blog. The things that were standing in the way are now eliminated. Too bad lack of communication isn't as easy to fix in the real world.

No comments: